• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Did anyone used to be fat?

lynx2051

Bluelighter
Did anyone here used to be really fat and lost loads of weight? I wanna see some peoples pictures if you wouldn't mind :)

Also tell me how you did it and how much better you feel.

I don't have pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it:

In the span of nine months, I went from 125ish to 188+. I say "plus" because I quit weighing myself when I hit that number--and I know I gained quite a few more pant sizes... No, I wasn't pregnant. It was a combination of a few things that caused it (mostly medications), but you didn't ask how we gained it...

I lost the weight on and off over the years by yo-yo dieting. Lost some, gained some, lost some more, gained some... Finally got on a bike and got down to 133 before I left for college. I was biking a minimum of 12 miles a day. Most days I would do 20+. However, since I hadn't changed my diet (the way I eat) at all, when I left for college, I ballooned to 165 before Dec.

Maintained that weight for a couple years 'til I finally decided I would really set my mind to it and I would lose the weight. The first thing I did was set an end date. When did I want to be thin by? I chose Jan. 1st, 2009. (It was near the end of Aug. '08 when I decided that.) I then decided what I wanted to weigh by then. I set the goal to be at most 135 by 1/1/09. Then I decided to start 9/1/09. Four solid months to lose 30 pounds? Seemed like a pipe dream but I figured if I at least lost 15 pounds I'd be happy (and would keep going).

Once I put mind over matter, and altered my diet (way of eating, not a calorie-restrictive plan), the weight came shedding off. By Dec. 1st I was 120. People thought I was doing hard drugs (lol, didn't start those 'til a few months after my weight loss...). People thought I was starving myself. But I was doing the exact opposite: I was eating more than I probably did when I was obese!

8a Breakfast: 6-800 calories. Typically 3/4 cup egg whites on a bagel with a "sausage" (imitation meat) patty. Sometimes I'd add cheese to get the calories up there. See, not a lot of food, but nutrient and calorie dense.

(11a snack: If I needed it and was having a later lunch, I would have either two Fiber1 bars or two pieces of fruit (200 calories) or an Ensure (200 calories). Most days I didn't have a snack.)

12 or 2p Lunch: 5-600 calories. Typically 3 cups of some sort of pasta or rice dish followed by a 3 cup salad with all kinds of veggies, some beans, some seeds/nuts, and either no dressing, or less than a tablespoon of it. (Dip the fork prongs like this far into the salad dressing before taking a piece of salad: ----. After awhile, that is truly all the dressing you'll need, as you being to enjoy the flavors in the salad itself. At least I did.)

Dinner: 3-400 calories. Typically some type of imitation meat made into a meal-- Burger crumbles made into tacos. Chicken patties on a bun. Chicken fingers with dip.

Snack: 100-200 calories. Huge salad. Pretty similar to the one I'd have at lunch, but I didn't make it as calorie-dense with the seeds/nuts/beans.

For the record, I was very active at that point in my life... My job at the time required me to be on my feet, on the move, almost constantly. Speed-walking most of the time. So, that amount of calories is what I found worked for me.

I felt a million times better after losing the weight, but not nearly as good as I feel now that I've cut all the garbage I used to eat out of my diet. I no longer eat all the imitation meats that I used to. Nor do I eat Fiber1 bars or drink Ensure. Tooooo mannnnnyyy chemmmiiiicallls. Whole, real food is where it's at. :)

If you or anyone reading this wants any tips, feel free to PM me. :)

Oh, also, for the record: I had kept all of the weight off for over two years up until the past couple months where ten pounds has creeped up on me. But, I know what the culprit is and am already down a few pounds.

My aunt was made fun of a lot in school for being fat. She started excercising, eating healthier, and smoking and became extremely thin. I reccommend you excercise and eat healthier, and not pick up smoking. Actually, you can get nicotine gum or snus if you REALLY want to try the nicotine. My personal belief on nicotine changes all the time, but it usually comes down to it sucks.

i would never post before pics, i probably don't even have any.

but i was 180lbs at my heighest and now i'm 120. i was 180lbs from 14-17 and at 17 i dropped to 150 and then got into drugs and lost the rest

fortunately cause it wasn't THAT quick, i didn't get any of the feared stretchy skin of losing weight too fast. infact everyone i tell i weighed 180 is like are you serious i'd have never known. i feel better cause i can wear whatever i want now but i didn't get the happiness i thought it'd give me. i ate and still eat once a day, mebbe 500 calorie meal. but usually 100-250 calorie things that equal no more than 1200. haven't eaten over 1200 calories in 2 yrs now

when i was in my early 30's i gained 60lbs from prednisone Rx'd for rheumatoid arthritis. my thyroid crapped out about the same time. after i quit taking pred and was on thyroid replacement, i started eating 1200 cal/day. i ate mostly fruit, veggies, some dairy and beans for protein, almost no meat, cereal, bread, or pasta, and walked/ran for exercise. i kept a log of what i ate and measured everything which quickly showed me the portions i ate were a lot bigger than i thought. took me about 6 months to lose 75lbs and get back in shape. i eat about 1500-1800cal/day now.
there are no pictures i know of from then. it's the only time in my life i was fat, felt terrible physically and emotionally, and i will never let it happen again.
-izzy

I could not function well on 1200 calories.

I have weighed about 20 lbs more than I do now.
I quit smoking, I exercise at least 3 days a week, I eat/cook well 80% of the time.
I do not control portions now count calories.

The old photo thread has some pics of a heavier me.
The new photo thread or healthy living photo thread has pics happier me.

used to be fat as hell went to Iraq started working out and eatin right now im one sexy mofo

when I was heavy on opiates I got up to 250lbs and Im 6'. When back down to 165lbs after I came off but that made me look like a rail...now Iam at a healthy 190lbs... not sure if that counts.

my friends sister was HUGE and she was like it for about 15 years, must have weighed about 20-22 stone. about 4 years ago she went on to the atkins diet and amazingly stuck to it. She is now down to a about 9 stone.
I remember when she started it though she felt she was eating more fruit and veg than she would have normally, till she found her carb limit for gaining weight she just sticks to below that.
Her bf done it at the same time and I know he lost a bit also but they have managed to keep it off which I think is great. I have never had to diet or anything like that so can only say what friends have told me. My friends sister say she feels amazing now with more energy and easier shopping for clothes.

I don't think this qualifies as "loads of weight", but in the past year and a half I lost 35lb. I used to weigh 165lb., now I'm 130lb.

I'll edit and post pics later, lazy right now.

Starting off losing the weight was easy, because I got mono, shortly followed by tonsilitis which took off about 15lb. just because I physically wasn't able to eat anything but jello and applesauce.

Once I got better, my stomach had adjusted to consuming less food, so I couldn't go back to stuffing my face with food the way I used to without feeling sick. Then I moved out of my mom's house and got my own apartment... and I am a terrible cook and ended up spending most of my grocery money on booze and weed anyway, so that prevented me from eating very much.

All in all, I've been pretty lucky in how I lost that weight. I go to the gym more now than I used to (just because it's easier and more fun to workout when you have less fat to lug around) but by no means is physical activity the main reason for maintaining a lower weight. I really haven't had to do a lot of work for it, it just so happened that events and changes in my life forced me to eat less food, so the weight just came off :)

ended up spending most of my grocery money on booze and weed anyway, so that prevented me from eating very much.

LOL, bluelight. ;)

I don't think this qualifies as "loads of weight", but in the past year and a half I lost 35lb. I used to weigh 165lb., now I'm 130lb.

I'll edit and post pics later, lazy right now.

Starting off losing the weight was easy, because I got mono, shortly followed by tonsilitis which took off about 15lb. just because I physically wasn't able to eat anything but jello and applesauce.

Once I got better, my stomach had adjusted to consuming less food, so I couldn't go back to stuffing my face with food the way I used to without feeling sick. Then I moved out of my mom's house and got my own apartment... and I am a terrible cook and ended up spending most of my grocery money on booze and weed anyway, so that prevented me from eating very much.

All in all, I've been pretty lucky in how I lost that weight. I go to the gym more now than I used to (just because it's easier and more fun to workout when you have less fat to lug around) but by no means is physical activity the main reason for maintaining a lower weight. I really haven't had to do a lot of work for it, it just so happened that events and changes in my life forced me to eat less food, so the weight just came off :)

hehe you said applesauce

in 2006 i was 265lb by 2008 i was down to 205

im still husky but fuck you

I'm still fat but I'm working my way down. In December of 2009 I weighed as much as I ever had before, 31 stone (439lbs). I've lost 12 stone (170lbs) so far. I'm 1.9m tall with a large frame/broad shoulders so despite weighing so much I've always carried it better than most, a lot of people (my doctors included) were shocked that I weighed as much as I did.

June 2008 I weighed 228 lbs. By August 2008 I weighed 205 lbs. Now I weigh 195 lbs.

And I remember when I lost control. I went back to school and every morning on the way to class I would get Starbucks. Grande White Chocolate Mochas specifically every time. I didnt realize how many calories were in each until i realized my clothes werent fitting too well.

Summer that year, I entered a "biggest loser" contest at my work and was lucky to be on a team that was really driven. I was able to drop a little over 25 pounds in less than 3 months (which i thought to be amazing). And I was able to stick with it after the contest was over.

I managed to keep it off until the next spring I picked up a part time job at a movie theater. Yep, all you can eat free pizza and soft pretzels and popcorn. So i gain a bunch back. I remember I was at 215 at one point. So I realized I needed to make a change again.

I stopped eating the food at the theater (although it was free and convenient). I work out (or at least try to) 3-5 days a week. On days I cant get to the gym, Im at least doing cardio at home, push ups sit ups, etc. Im doing my best at eating healthy (although i really need to work on my beer and alcohol consumption).

But all in all, i feel and look better than i did a couple years back. Although, im still a work in progress, as we all should be. I continue to find ways to challenge myself and keep trying new things.

I wanna see some peoples pictures if you wouldn't mind :)

you first

Hmmmm... well, yes

At 14/15 I used to weigh 177lbs 8o (and I'm only 5'4 :\)

Went on a massive diet and begun power walking 20-30hrs a week at 16 and got down to 140lbs.... which is more or less my set weight... stayed there for a while, many years in fact. Went up 5-10lbs and lost them back, here and there. but no great deviation from that.

And in the past couple of months, have now got down to 125. Have been able to maintain this, surprisingly. My goal is to get down to about 110. I'll never be rail thin, but if I can mainain 110 I will finally feel accomplished.... :D

I would have to find photos and scan them from my fat days. they're pretty irksome though, lol

hi! umm i weighed 200-220 from when i was 14-16. around last october, a bit b4 my 16th bday i finally started losing weight. i was smoking about 2 grams of weed a day, eating nothing until dinner time and then just munching until i couldnt eat any more, thats about 800 calories max for dinner. and thanks to my schedule. i didnt get hungry til dinner time anyways... i ran 2 miles 2-3 times a week and lifted weights 3 times a week. i was eating regularly by march/april. this summer i got a gym membership which helped keep it off(i slowed down on cardio and started targetting muscle groups that were weak. in january i was 185. by february i was about 175/ i now weigh 172. a month ago i was at 165 but ever since i started kung fu i stopped going to the gym. i've also been cheating on my strictly healthy food (no fast food, no dessert) diet in this last month and i feel guilty as fuck. i feel great about my body but i dont feel any better about myself really, i mean, my confidence has gone up but i still loath myself(the reason i lost the weight), i also quit drugs around at the beginning of this summer and i cant figure out the source of my unhappiness. i dont have any b4 photos on this computer, nor do i have any current photos, i do however have a photo of me when i was about 175 last may. overall i've lost about 60 pounds of fat and gained the rest in muscle. what are some of the leading causes of self-loathing and depression, anyone know?
egrgaa.jpg
. edit: lol sorry, i didnt know the pic was so huge

Last edited:
19, 5'11, used to weigh 17stone but I rapidly lost 4 stone in a period of 6 months after I stopped drinking fizzy juice. Well, not saying that that's definitely the reason for the weight loss, but that's the only thing I changed to my diet/lifestyle beforehand. Slowly lost a further 1 stone in last year as well, during which I started eating healthier and doing daily exercise. Am now between 11½-12stone.